- If you forego the pretest travel plan, you will need to quarantine for the full 14 days prior to making an appointment with me. It is vitally important that you do not leave your home/rental unit for any reason, other than emergency medical care and that you do not have any contact at all with others outside of your immediate, also quarantined family members. If you have any contact with others during the 14 days I will need you to have a PCR test and provide me with the results.
- If you choose the pretest travel plan, despite what the State of Hawai’i allows, once you arrive on Maui I need you to isolate and quarantine for at least 6 days and then have another PCR test that is negative prior to treating you. I will need you to provide me with both tests prior to booking an appointment.
- It is essential that if you do not feel well, that you cancel your appointment. I will not charge you and will happily reschedule when you are feeling well again.
- You must wear a mask at all times in the waiting room and in my office.
- Prior to entering my office I will spray your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Tragically, over one million of us worldwide have died due to COVID-19. While there is a frightening risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 and dying, we must also consider the very real possibility of becoming chronically ill and disabled from this viral infection. Preliminary research suggests that up to 30% of those who have mild to moderate cases (not hospitalized) suffer organ and neurological damage resulting in ongoing disability. The mean age of what is now termed “COVID Long Hall” is only 40 years old.
During these uncertain and frightening times, please take the best care possible of yourself and your loved ones. If this means that you choose to stay home and stay safe, please know that my wife, CarolAnn, and I are doing the same and that Maui will still be here to welcome you once we weather this viral storm.
Love & Blessings,